Water & Wastewater
The Water Division operates and maintains a Water System consisting of about 30 miles of water mains, 300 valves, 210 fire hydrants, pumping stations, and reservoirs. The system serves approximately 1,600 connections, or about 6,400 people. A continuous supply of the highest quality water available is purchased from the Champlain Water District (CWD). Consumer Confidence Reports are published each year, and are available at the Milton Town Offices or from Champlain Water District.
The Wastewater Division operates and maintains about 12 miles of collection mains, pump stations and the Wastewater Treatment Facility. The system serves approximately 600 connections, or about 2,400 people.
We operate and maintain the water meter system, including reading, repair, and billing services. We strive to repair malfunctioning meters as soon as possible. Customers are urged to schedule repair appointments as soon as they receive notification of a problem. Water and Wastewater bills are issued quarterly, in January, April, July and October.
We can be dispatched after hours by calling the Milton Police Dispatch at 802-893-2424. Please do not call 911 for water and wastewater emergencies. We look forward to continue to provide our ratepayers the best service possible. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at 802-893-6655 Option 3.
How to Identify & Read Your Water Meter
The video provided in the link below has been created as an informational tool to assist Milton residents in both identifying and reading the water meter(s) located at their property.
*NOTE: For all fillable PDF documents provided below, please open and download in Google Chrome. The fillable functions do not work properly when opened in other web browsers.
Applications & Forms
- Allocation Application October 2020 (PDF - Fillable)
- Water Wastewater Connection Permit 2020 (PDF - Fillable)
- Water Wastewater Connection - Residential Fee Schedule (PDF - Fillable)
- Water Wastewater Connection - New Development Fee Schedule (PDF - Fillable)
- Water Wastewater Connection - Non-Residential & Mixed Use Fee Schedule (PDF - Fillable)
- Water Shut Off Turn On Request (PDF - Fillable)
- Second Meter Application (PDF - Fillable)
- Milton Water Department 2020 Consumer Confidence Report (PDF)
- 2020 Champlain Water District Water Quality Report (PDF)
- Champlain Water District (PDF)
- Fee Schedule A - Effective September 23, 2017 (PDF)
- Public Protection Summary Report (PDF)
- Resolution - Wastewater Ordinance - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Resolution Water Ordinance - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Sewer Service Area Ordinance Map - Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- Water Service Area Ordinance Map- Effective November 29, 2008 (PDF)
- What Not to Flush (PDF)