Form Center

PLEASE NOTE: Not all Town forms are available in this digital format. Check appropriate Department pages or use the Search bar at the top of the page, to locate additional forms.
By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information.

Excess Weight Permit (Fleet)

  1. Instructions & Guidelines

    Please allow 3 business days for processing. Approval shall be effective for no more than a one year period ending March 31, 2024. Once submitted you will be brought to the Town of Milton Online Payments page where you can submit your payment. A fleet permit is $10.00. A 3.00% per transaction processing fee is automatically applied when submitting online payments. Approved fleet permits cover all fleet vehicles bearing the company name and unmarked vehicles as detailed in the application below.

  2. Please contact the Public Works Department at (802) 893-6030 with questions or special requests.
  3. Applicant Information
    Approval is hereby given for the granting of a permit under the provisions of VSA Title 23, Sec. 1400a, and any amendments thereto, covering the operations of motor vehicles over local highways and bridges with gross loads as follows:
  4. Fleet Vehicle Description

    List the following information for each fleet vehicle: Type of Vehicle, # of Axles, Product Carried, Max Weight Requested and Max Weight Approved.

    If more than five (5) vehicles, please attach a list of all vehicle information.

  5. If this permit is to cover unmarked company vehicles, you must complete this section, giving the year, make, VIN number, maximum weight and registration number for each vehicle.
  6. Please upload any supporting documentation for your unit list here

  7. Insurance

    The holder of a permit shall be liable for any damage to highways or bridges per VSA Title 23, Sec. 1400a and is required to furnish the municipality a valid Certificate of Insurance (listing the Town of Milton as a certificate holder) with a combined single limit minimum of $500,000 automobile liability insurance coverage OR in the following amounts: a minimum of $100,000 (per person) / $300,000 (per accident) Personal Injury Liability Coverage and $100,000 Property Damage Coverage. If your Certificate of Insurance expires, you must submit to Public Works a current Certificate. 

    Please note: the Town of Milton (43 Bombardier Rd, Milton, VT 05468) must be listed as the certificate holder.

  8. Click browse to attach a Certificate of Insurance in the form of a .pdf or image file.
  9. Electronic Signature Agreement*
    By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
  10. Leave This Blank: